Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CZPT requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
How Does an HRC Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
HRC (Highly Resilient Coupling) couplings are designed to protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations through their unique construction and material properties:
- Flexible Elastomeric Element: The key component of an HRC coupling is the flexible elastomeric element positioned between the two metal hubs. This elastomer acts as a mechanical buffer, capable of absorbing and dissipating shock loads and vibrations that may occur during operation.
- Damping of Vibrations: The elastomeric element’s flexibility allows it to dampen torsional vibrations and dampen the impact of sudden shock loads. This helps in reducing resonance effects and minimizing the transmission of vibrations to the connected equipment.
- High Resilience: HRC couplings are made from elastomers with high resilience, meaning they can deform under load and return to their original shape after the load is removed. This property enables them to absorb and dissipate energy, protecting the system from sudden shocks.
- Misalignment Compensation: In addition to shock and vibration absorption, HRC couplings can also compensate for small amounts of misalignment between shafts. This capability further enhances the protection of connected equipment by reducing the stress caused by misalignment.
When equipment experiences shock loads or vibrations, the elastomeric element flexes and compresses, acting as a shock absorber. This prevents the sudden transmission of high impact forces to the connected machinery, reducing the risk of damage and premature wear.
Moreover, by damping vibrations, HRC couplings improve the overall stability and smoothness of the power transmission system. This contributes to the longevity of connected equipment and reduces the likelihood of mechanical failures or downtime.
Overall, HRC couplings play a vital role in safeguarding connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations, promoting the reliability and performance of mechanical systems in various industrial applications.
What Industries Commonly Use HRC Couplings for Power Transmission?
HRC (Highly Resilient Coupling) couplings are widely used in various industries for power transmission applications. Some of the common industries where HRC couplings are utilized include:
1. Manufacturing Industry: HRC couplings are extensively used in manufacturing plants for powering various machinery such as conveyor systems, pumps, compressors, fans, and machine tools. Their ability to dampen vibrations and accommodate misalignment makes them suitable for a range of manufacturing processes.
2. Petrochemical Industry: The petrochemical industry often employs HRC couplings in pumps, blowers, and agitators used for processing and transporting various chemicals and petrochemical products. These couplings help ensure smooth power transmission and protect equipment from shocks and vibrations.
3. Mining Industry: In the mining sector, HRC couplings are used in crushers, mills, conveyor belts, and other heavy-duty equipment. They are chosen for their durability and ability to handle high torque loads, which are common in mining operations.
4. Water and Wastewater Treatment: Water treatment plants and wastewater facilities utilize HRC couplings in pumps, mixers, and aerators to efficiently move and treat water and sewage. The couplings’ shock absorption capability helps reduce wear and tear on the equipment.
5. Power Generation: Power plants, both conventional and renewable, often use HRC couplings in generators, turbines, cooling tower fans, and other critical equipment. The couplings’ ability to handle high torque and dampen vibrations is beneficial in power generation applications.
6. Paper and Pulp Industry: In paper mills and pulp processing facilities, HRC couplings are employed in various stages of the manufacturing process, including pumps, agitators, and roll drives. They contribute to efficient power transmission and minimize downtime.
7. Steel and Metal Industry: The steel and metal processing industry relies on HRC couplings in rolling mills, furnaces, and other heavy machinery. These couplings assist in transmitting power effectively while absorbing shock loads and accommodating misalignment.
These are just a few examples, and HRC couplings find applications in numerous other industries, such as food and beverage, automotive, chemical, and construction, where reliable power transmission and protection of connected equipment are essential.
Materials Used in Manufacturing HRC Couplings
HRC couplings are typically made from a combination of different materials to provide the necessary properties for efficient power transmission and durability. The common materials used in manufacturing HRC couplings include:
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is a widely used material for HRC couplings due to its excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear and deformation. It is suitable for various industrial applications and can handle substantial torque and misalignment.
- Steel: Steel is another popular choice for HRC coupling construction. It offers high tensile strength, good fatigue resistance, and the ability to handle high-speed applications. Steel HRC couplings are suitable for demanding environments and heavy-duty machinery.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel HRC couplings are ideal for applications where corrosion resistance is essential. They are commonly used in industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and marine environments.
- Aluminum: Aluminum HRC couplings are lightweight and have excellent corrosion resistance. They are suitable for low to medium torque applications where weight reduction is a concern.
- Bronze: Bronze is used in specialized HRC coupling designs, particularly for applications requiring low friction and high wear resistance. It is commonly used in marine and heavy machinery applications.
- Polyurethane: Polyurethane is used for the flexible elements of HRC couplings. It offers good shock absorption and vibration damping properties, contributing to the coupling’s ability to protect connected equipment from shocks and vibrations.
- Other Composite Materials: Some HRC couplings may feature composite materials that combine the benefits of different materials, such as rubber compounds with metal reinforcement, to provide specific performance characteristics.
The material selection for HRC couplings depends on the application requirements, including torque, speed, environmental conditions, and industry standards. Manufacturers often provide a range of material options to suit various applications and ensure reliable and efficient power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-08-31